Like everyone on earth, i want to have amazing spotless skin. I have spent way to much money, and wasted so much time researching skin care products that vow to be the “miracle in a bottle”. Suffice to say i still have not found that miracle in a bottle, but i think i have come pretty close to finding products that work perfectly with my skin, and for that i am a loyal fan.
I am not one of those girls with elaborate skin care routines, i want to cleanse, moisturize and be done. I dont want to have to slather on fifty different creams for different parts of my face. My routine, if i can even call it that, is simple no fuss. The products that i will mention, have been used by me for years so i know that they work well and that they are worth every penny.
lets get to the products.
- Philosophy Purity made simple. It all begins with your cleanser, and for years i used to worse ones for my skin. If it was not for the suggestion of my besty, who told me how great this cleanser was i would have never tried it. I was under the impression that a product so light could never really clean my skin, but i was wrong. Not only does this clean my skin, but it leaves it feeling super moisturized. It is more expensive that a drug store cleanser but i think it is totally worth every penny. This product is not overly scented or gel based. While using it, it almost feels like you are applying lotion to your skin and not a cleanser. There is no lather which i believe is a big reason why this works so well. Soap suds dry out our skin, removing all of the oils that serve as a protective barrier. I could go on and on about how much i love this cleanser, but i will let you be the judge. Click here to purchase and read more about his product. Sephora also sells a small sample bottle in case you do not want to commit to the full size.
- Aveeno Clear Complexion . This is my hallelujah product, the product i have used for almost 10 years ! I was introduced to this product by another best friend, while we were in college. She has dry skin and swore by the Aveeno skin care line. I was not a skeptic as i saw that it worked great for her, but i did not think it would benefit my oily skin. Again i was 19 and under the impression that i needed to mattify my skin and not hydrate it. Long story short i bought a bottle and gave it a try and since then it is the only moisturizer that works for me. Over the years i have tried others and my skin does not react as well as it does for the Aveeno clear complexion. You can find this at any drugstore, walmart, or Target stores.
- Clinique Take the day off cleansing balm. Some of you might have heard about cleansing balms. They are supposed to be better than a makeup wipe and less harsh on your skin. I totally agree! Cleansing balms are amazing and i use my religiously. This is the first and only cleansing balm i have ever purchased and will never look for another product. This gets rid of all of my makeup including my waterproof mascara and my lip stains. I will say that using a cleansing balm is a luxury. Because this product is expensive i do not use it everyday, only when i am wearing a full face of make up. However i do feel the difference when i use it, so in my book it is worth it. Sephora (here ) and any Clinique counter sells this cleansing balm.
- Simple cleansing micellar water. This is a great inexpensive option if you do not have the budget for a cleansing balm. On the other days when i do not use the cleaning balm, i use a make up wipe with the cleansing water. A cleansing water, like a cleansing balm is meant to be a gentle way to remove access oil and make up from the skin without over drying. This product would be used after you use your cleanser. sometimes after cleansing there is still makeup residue on the skin, this product removes it without having to be washed off after. Simple cleansing water can be found in any drugstore, click here for more details.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask. A big part of my nightly skin care routine is this product. If our skin is not properly moisturized at night we can wake up with dry patches or in my case extra oily skin. I stumbled onto this product 5 years ago and it has changed my life (dramatic i know !). Before that point i used the Aveeno at night as well as during the day. Although it worked great during the day, it never seemed enough at night. After using this product one time, i saw a difference. I no longer had any dry patch in the winter, or extra oily skin in the mornings. My skin stays balance and healthy . This is a thick cream so a little goes a long way, which is great because this is not a cheap product. For more information click here to read more or purchase.
*Don’t forget to subscribe and follow me on Twitter or Instagram *